If you’re looking to accelerate your career goals this coming year, this list of 29 must read books will help you do just that.
1. The Firestarter Sessions – Danielle LaPorte
A guide to creating success on your own terms, Danielle LaPorte cuts through dull thinking and fear to amplify our core desires, pragmatism and courage.
2. Do More Great Work – Michael Bungay Stanier
Access fifteen practical exercises to help identify how to find, start and sustain more Great Work.
3. How To Be Brilliant – Michael Heppell
This international bestseller shows you how to make the critical steps from average to good, and from good to brilliant, at work and in life.
4. Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? – Seth Godin
Assess your choices, your future, and your potential to make a huge difference in whatever field you choose.
5. Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office: Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers – Lois P. Frankel
Lois P. Frankel, Ph.D., an internationally-recognized executive coach, reveals why some women roar ahead in their careers while others stagnate.
6. The Career Itch – Grace Owen
Find advice, encouragement and hope if you are unhappy at work to take control of what you do next.
7. Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job. Kill It in Your Career. Rock Social Media – Aliza Licht
Drawing invaluable lessons from her experience, Aliza Licht shares advice, inspiration and a healthy dose of real talk.
8. Rocking Your Role: The ‘How To’ Guide to Success For Female Breadwinners – Jenny Garrett
Author Jenny Garrett helps you find the tools to navigate your career, life or business.
9. Do Over – Jon Acuff
Learn how to rescue Monday, reinvent your work and never get stuck.
10. The Productivity Project – Chris Bailey
Figure out the strategy for accomplishing more by managing your time, attention and energy.
11. How to Have a Good Day – Caroline Webb
Author Caroline Webb shows us how to use recent findings from behavioral economics, psychology and neuroscience to transform our approach to everyday working life.
12. The Science of Successful Job Hunting: Practical Strategies for Landing Any Job You Want – Mildred Talabi
Learn the insider secrets and expert knowledge that will take you from job hunting to landing any job you want.
13. You Want Me to Work with Who? Eleven Keys to a Stress-Free, Satisfying, and Successful Work Life . . . No Matter Who You Work – Julie Jansen
Real-life advice on how to work effectively with even the most stubborn, incompetent, lazy, indecisive, irritating, lewd and repugnant co-workers-whether they’re your boss, colleague, or underling.
14. Getting There: A Book of Mentors – Gillian Zoe Segal
Thirty leaders in diverse fields share their secrets to navigating the rocky road to the top.
15. The Athena Doctrine: How Women (And The Men Who Think Like Them) Will Rule The Future – John Gerzema & Michael D’Antonio
Authors John Gerzema and Michael D’Antonio traveled the word to uncover stories of women and men who lead innovative organizations with the skills and values commonly associated with women.
16. Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World – Cal Newport
Author and professor Cal Newport flips the narrative on impact in a connected age.
17. Creative Confidence: Unleashing the Creative Potential Within Us All – Tom Kelley & David Kelley
IDEO founder and Stanford d.school creator David Kelley and his brother IDEO partner Tom Kelley share how to maximize your creativity.
18. Roadmap: The Get-It-Together Guide for Figuring Out What to Do with Your Life – Brian McAllister, Mike Marriner & Nathan Gebhard
The authors help emerging careerists think deeply about how they can enter the workforce and thrive.
19. Lean In for Graduates – Sheryl Sandberg
This latest edition includes the full text of the original bestseller as well as new chapters on finding your first job, negotiating your salary and listening to your inner voice.
20. Reinventing You: Define Your Brand, Imagine Your Future – Dorie Clark
Branding expert Dorie Clark provides a step-by-step guide to help you assess your unique strengths to develop a compelling personal brand.
21. How Remarkable Women Lead: The Breakthrough Model for Work and Life – Joanna Barsh & Susie Cranston
Discover what drives and sustains successful women leaders.
22. Cracking The Hidden Job Market: How to Find Opportunity in Any Economy – Donald Asher
Career guru Donald Asher helps you develop strategies for finding jobs before they’ve been posted.
23. Start-Up of You: Adapt to the Future, Invest in Yourself, and Transform Your Career – Ben Casnocha & Reid Hoffman
Drawing on the best of Silicon Valley, The Start-Up of You helps you accelerate your career and take control of your future–no matter your profession.
24. Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action – Simon Sinek
Simon Sinek offers an unconventional perspective that explains the reasons some leaders are more innovative and are able to repeat their success over and over.
25. Playing Big: Find Your Voice, Your Mission, Your Message – Tara Mohr
Author Tara Mohr shares the tools she’s used with thousands of women to take big steps forward in their lives and careers.
26. Manage Your Day-to-Day: Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus, and Sharpen Your Creative Mind – Jocelyn K. Glei
Leverage practical tools for delivering great, creative work amidst the distractions of a 24/7, always-on workplace.
27. The Confidence Code: The Science and Art of Self-Assurance, What Women Should Know – Katty Kay & Claire Shipman
Authors Kay and Shipman offer the inspiration and practical advice to help you achieve the career you want and deserve.
28. The Career Guide for Creative and Unconventional People – Carol Eikleberry & Carrie Pinsky
The authors illustrate eight different routes to employing your creativity using real life success stories.
29. Wellth: How I Learned to Build a Life, Not a Résumé – Jason Wachob
Mindbodygreen founder Jason Wachob redefines successful living and offers readers a new life currency.
Post by Octavia Goredema @OctaviaGoredema